Saturday, May 16, 2009

Grandpa



My grandfather passed away on Monday evening. He was almost 95 years old and was the patriarch of our family. While I'm glad he's not suffering any longer, I still wish I had one more chance to talk with him. Here's our photos of our last time with him at Christmas.

On one of our last visits with him, he asked Doug to go out on a tractor ride with him. After an hour or so, I started getting worried and sent out several "search parties" for them. There was no sign of the large orange tractor anywhere on the farm. Eventually, they arrived back home on their own. Apparently, they'd been on their way back when a neighbor stopped them and asked them to come by his place and dig a hole (this gentleman had a bull he needed to bury). Grandpa and Doug had a grand time using the tractor and lost track of time. We still laugh when remembering "Grandpa and Doug's Most Excellent Tractor Adventure".

No comments:

Post a Comment